[Image: A picture of a tall, very thin Black woman with her shoulder over a shorter, older white man wearing traditional Orthodox Jewish clothing on a New York sideway.]
“This one is very serious, guys:
I came upon these two on the sidewalk. They were having a conversation. “Excuse me,” I said, addressing the girl: “I’m sorry to interrupt, but is there anyway I can take your photo?”
“Why would you want my photo?” she asked.
“Because you look beautiful,” I said. And she did. She was Sudanese. There is a very distinct beauty among people from the Sudan, and she was filled up with it. Suddenly the man cut in:
“I was just telling her she was beautiful,” he said.
Naively, I assumed I had just walked up on one stranger giving a compliment to another. I wanted to capture the moment. “Let me take your photograph together,” I said. The man seemed reluctant, he started smiling nervously and inching away. But the girl called him back.
“Come take a picture with me,” she said. Encouraged by her attention, he returned. She put her arm around him, and I took the photo.
As I examined the photos on my camera, the man started whispering to the girl. She answered him in a loud voice: “I told you! I’m not that kind of girl.” She seemed agitated now. Finally sensing that I had misread the situation, I stepped between them. The man began hurrying down the sidewalk.
When the man left, the girl’s demeanor changed completely. She seemed shaken. Her eyes were tearing up. “He just offered me five hundred dollars to go out with him,” she said. “And then when I said ‘no,’ he offered me one thousand. Why does this always happen to me?”
“It happens a lot?” I asked.
“All the time,” she said. “I’m sorry I’m getting emotional. I just can’t go out of my house without this kind of thing happening. I have a son. I’m a mother. I would never degrade myself like that. I just don’t understand why this keeps happening.”
“Do you mind if I tell this story?” I asked.
“Please,” she said. “Tell it.”
Let’s hope this man, and all men, realize the emotional damage they are inflicting on the women they try to buy. In the meantime, feel free to SHARE.*
Dear Tumblr, fuck you for trying to erase this.
I’m saving this post because as many times as Tumblr tries to erase this woman’s story and act like anything about this was okay, that’s as many times as I’m reposting it. They can either cut me off or stop being assnuggets about this. whichEVER.
Do not forget this.
Let’s make sure we all get screen shots too, in case tumblr manages to get this off again.
So, tumblr is trying to delete this? Well… no. No fucking way. You don’t go around deleting stories like this.
Reblogging just on fucking principle. If you are following me, would you please consider doing the same?
They are; I believe this is a repost because of the small amount of notes. The original post had thousands. If I’m not mistaken, the original post was deleted because the guy’s family complained. What about HER family, though? What about her? Simply fucking disgusting.
… so, he was an arsehat, his family said that people knowing about him being an arsehat would hurt them and tried to make this better by being arsehats, too?
Ah, well then. I’ll be saving a copy and just posting it again should it disappear again.
Keep her story alive.
Forever, and ever, and ever reblog.
- jazzmeowy likes this
- kuwanii reblogged this from murdabiznesss
- amoonguss likes this
- dakid2k likes this
- prettyassdev likes this
- aftertheparty likes this
- lovingme-ainteasy reblogged this from aqualayva
- haveyouseentylersbutt reblogged this from fourammeansimupearly
- lunastar17 likes this
- thesongswish reblogged this from laughingsmilez
- laughingsmilez reblogged this from avalonnpka
- lizchelsxoxo reblogged this from whitepeoplesaidwhat
- planet-paradise reblogged this from chill-ax
- bright-eyed-monster likes this
- wickedgirl21 reblogged this from murdabiznesss
- pamelaaarrr reblogged this from n0bs
- sirathedork likes this
- chibilily reblogged this from murdabiznesss
- wonderlusttslutt reblogged this from murdabiznesss
- dailyfashionistas reblogged this from murdabiznesss
- naelovesyouxox reblogged this from murdabiznesss
- sandrabaratto reblogged this from murdabiznesss
- blackterior likes this
- dedicated-to-delilah likes this
- alayziaaax33 reblogged this from murdabiznesss
- maysuunn reblogged this from ava-kado
- thelifeofjazzy reblogged this from murdabiznesss
- thelifeofjazzy likes this
- la-vie-coquette reblogged this from ava-kado
- lovelypost reblogged this from thinkingaboutforeverr
- lovelypost likes this
- aliciamariaaa likes this
- rethinkingthenorm reblogged this from ava-kado and added:
- trvppygawwd likes this
- everythingiwantedyoutoknow likes this
- littlediscretions likes this
- imaybeokaybutimnotfineatall reblogged this from ey3sclosed
- effortlessboredom likes this
- thinkingaboutforeverr likes this
- kamillefferr likes this
- n0bs reblogged this from conservat0ry
- charasmati-c likes this
- ey3sclosed reblogged this from keepcalmandspeakout
- seyfire likes this
- vogueminds likes this
- it-was-it-wasnt reblogged this from murdabiznesss
- leiyacouture reblogged this from murdabiznesss
- m4keitburn reblogged this from keepcalmandspeakout
- keepcalmandspeakout reblogged this from ava-kado
- hippiepeiceofshit likes this